Testing Near Vision and Distance Vision

Prevent Blindness does NOT recommend that you try to test your near vision or distance vision at home. If you think you have a vision problem, see an eye doctor (an optometrist or ophthalmologist) who can diagnose and treat vision problems. Vision loss can often be prevented when eye disease is found and treated early.

Signs of Eye Problems in Adults

Do you think you may have a vision problem? If you notice any signs of potential eye problems, see an eye doctor for a complete eye exam.

Learn More

What's Your Risk of a Vision Problem?

This self-assessment will help you check whether you are at risk for age-related eye disease.

Learn More